Been a Long Time Part 1
Alright, Alright I know. We haven't posted in forever. So here we are ready to catch all of you up. I might as well start from where we left off.
Baker and I celebrated our One Year Anniversary in October, and I wasn't expecting much. Our anniversary fell on a Sunday so what can you really do. ASU had a game in LA so we were planning on having the whole family down for the game and Baker and I decided we would celebrate the following week. Mikey ended up getting injured the week before so he was sitting out this week and didn't even get to travel. Mark Cindy and the kids came anyway to take Alex the exchange student to Disneyland and to see the "OC" so it was good to have them game or no game. We ate good Dinner at Islands and showed Alex all the fun things to do down here.

We also got to show Mark and Cindy Susie and Blaine's new house. They recently remodeled and we all just love the new digs. While the adults caught up, Bake and I took the kids over to Balboa Island to ride the ferry and check out the scene. Alex loved it. Like always Sam and Peter were so much fun to be around. Those two are the closest friend I have ever seen. I hope my kids can love each other as much as they do.


After we went to the Bush's for breakfast and the Peninsula, the Morphy's were off to Northern California. A day earlier then I was hoping for. I know it was our anniversary, but I love hanging out with them, and Baker and I didn't have anything planned anyway. Or so I thought!
Baker all along had made some plans for us without telling me and I was so excited as soon as I heard. He made reservations for a spa for the night in La Jolla. It was like a mini get away with a massage. It was just what the doctor ordered. We drove down around noon and got there a little earlier then check in so we drove around and saw the San Diego temple and a few other things in the city. The room we had was fantastic. Baker tried getting me a massage for that afternoon but it seemed as though they were booked for the weekend.
So we just went to the bar and watched the game and sat around and watched ASU football and drank diet sodas and ate Chips and Salsa for as long as I can remember. I was really hungry and ate almost the whole bowl myself. Little did I know. We finally decided that we should go eat some real food so we finished the game over steaks at Outback. One of our favorite places.

So the next morning we sat around at the pool, layed in the hammocks, and Baker (Being the persistent husband that he is) Managed to get me an appointment at the spa so I was able to get my anniversary massage. It was heavenly. I think everyone deserves one at least once a month. Treat yourself. I haven't felt that good in quite some time. When I was done with my massage I went back to the room and Baker had my gift out to open. Between you and me, I was perfectly happy with the night away and thought he spoiled me quite a bit. It was a beautiful Sapphire band to go with my wedding ring. All the Morphy moms, and Aunts have Sapphires in their wedding rings so its a family tradition. I absolutely love it. I started to cry when I opened it. I couldn't give Baker his gift until we got home since I wasn't prepared. It was a manly power drill that I know he wanted. I didn't want him to settle on a wimpy one so I got him a pretty nice one. He was happy, so I was happy.
On our way home we decided to take PCH and it was beautiful. We stopped at one of Bakers favorite places to go as a kid. San Mallo. He was like a kid in a candy store recalling all the childhood memories there. It was so fun to watch him.

I can't believe that we have been married for over a year now. I am so lucky to have Baker and I cherish every moment I spend with him. He really is my life. I love you!
3 comments:
Bake and Jenn- I was so happy to see an update. Your one year trip sounded so Romantic. I love you guys and am so happy you are so happy and in love.
Jen,
Thanks for the update. I enjoy hearing all about you and Baker. You seem to be so happy together! I wish I were closer to all of you. I miss you so much.
Love you two forever!
Mom
Baker and Jenny. Congratulations on your one year anniversary and also the baby. I read it on Amanda's blog. That is great news. And Jenny, great job with the baby shower. I have always loved this family and was so excited to be included in such a special day for my kindergarten friend.
Post a Comment