Thursday, April 05, 2007

My Latest Obsession

So anyone who has come to our house knows how much Baker and I love frozen yogurt. There is a fantastic "FroYo" joint just on the corner of our neighborhood that has been a Morphy Staple since we moved in. Self serve, wide variety of flavors, and all the toppings that you could imagine right there for your taste buds pleasure. My personal favorite is the marshmallow flavored yogurt with rainbow sprinkles. Sound good for you? Probably not, but I still love it.

So I'm not sure if we have overdone it, but I have been feeling like I need a little change, but don't want to give in to the ice cream just yet. I have been looking for an alternative for quite some time, and was pleased to find one finally just two miles from our house on Main. It's called Beach Berries.


Unlike most frozen yogurts, Beach Berries doesn't have that artificial flavor. It's not just a Yogurt flavored soft serve ice cream. It is to die for. It literally is like they took a carton of plain yogurt and froze it. Perfect blend of creaminess, and the perfect tart flavor. On top of that, they don't have a ton of artificial toppings like cookie dough or fruit toppings drenched it sugar loaded sauces. They only serve fresh fruit toppings, granola, chocolate chips, dried fruit, and a few different cereal options including my personal favorite Fruity Pebbles. The stuff is amazing. I can't wait to get one tonight.

7 comments:

Ben said...

Of course it's nothing compared to Sonic, right? I wonder if the yogurt would be good with some tots.

BTW: I've noticed that I'm the only guy (that I know) that blogs; is this an activity that is reserved for women only?

Sarah said...

that looks delicious! i wish they had a place like that here in vegas. CA has the best ice cream joints! i'm so jealous.

Mands Glenn said...

Jenn. . . that looks so delicious. Lets go when I am there in May. Ben, I love that you Blog. It isn't just a girl women thang.

Kristen said...

ohhhhhhh, yum!!!!! i am sooo jealous!!! as you know, there is TONS of good/ amazing food here in the city, but i am willing to bet that yogurt is at a decent price, which doesn't happen around here much! miss you!

Mandy said...

OKAY MY MOUTH IS LITERALLY WATERING... I want one so bad!

Becca said...

ok that looks good... and that's coming from an anti frozen yogurt girl!

Anonymous said...

those are the bomdotcom!! love mere mere