Sunday, February 15, 2009

day 15: "purse"-onal enrichment

so obviously i was really busy with enrichment the last few weeks. so i thought i would finally post some pictures.

our theme was "a night of 'purse'-onal enrichment"
it was the week of valentines day so we thought it was fitting to decorate all girlie and that the theme would flow with that.



we had a purse weigh in, had a special raffle for people who showed up on time, had a purse scavenger hunt, and a really great speaker. she definitely made me look at myself and re-evaluate. it was great.

the weeks leading up to the night were the ones that were so daunting. i made peronal purse invitations for all the sisters in the ward that went out two sundays before, then the week of i made handouts for both the sisters and their husbands. my goal this year is to get attendance up for our quarterly gatherings. besides our christmas program, its definitely not attended as well as we would hope for. all the handouts and invitation reminders paid off. our secretary says that we had just as many, if not more then christmas! thanks to all the ladies that came to enjoy the night with us. i thought it was a blast!


9 comments:

Mom Morphy said...

Absolutely darling! I have never seen anything like that for an Enrichment night. No wonder it took you hours of work! WOW....what a night! I'm sure all the gals felt so special! Great job Jenny!

Kathy said...

Very cute!!! It really looks great & sounds like everyone had a great time too. Congrats on the fantastic turn out. NICE JOB JENNY!

Becca said...

that looks incredible! Where did you find those hanging decorations! I love em! And what the heck is your budget! The decorations alone look like they cost our entire budget for the night!

Mands Glenn said...

Jenn I love those hanging arrangements. Lilly has them hanging in her room actually. Are they the Martha Stewart ones? So so cute! I love the colors.I might want to find out more info. on this activity. Do you think the YW would want to do something like this? Jenn, great job!

Richelle said...

This was such a fun enrichment! Probably the best ever. The room looked fabulous and Sister Carr did an awesome job at making me more motivated in life! Just all around great. Well done Jen, all the hard work paid off.

Lynn said...

Darling! And I love the theme:purse-onal. Really cute. I think that it makes women feel special when somebody goes the extra mile and does a really great job. Awesome for helping so many. Love you, Aunt Lynn

Elise said...

Yes, that activity was fabulous! You guys did such a great job and I had a fun time. Ok and I even learned a thing or two! :)

Dixons said...

Hey girl! So...did you make these? And if so, where can I find the instructions. I'd love to make them for a fiesta my friend and I are hosting for our gourmet club. I'd love some details!!!

daveandraechel said...

I mean it, you have the cutest ideas and are super talented at being awesome.