Monday, October 02, 2006

Harbers in the House

What a fun weekend we spent the the newlyweds from Vegas! Ben and Laura came down for the weekend to hang out with the Morphy's and the Jones'. It was obviously jam packed like every other one of our weekends are, but extra fun. Something about having house guests always makes me happy.

They drove in late night on Friday but still here in time to meet us at Islands for Kona Pie. Mmmm. All three of the boys, Baker, Ben and Matt, are all involved in a little weight loss challenge. By the looks of them chowing, it doesn't look like any of them will come out on top!

That night we stayed up until almost three in the morning catching up and talking football with a couple other people from the ward. The Jones' tapped out a little after midnight, and so did Laura. Baker, Ben and I had no problem staying up late. I never do. I am totally a night person. Baker never lets us stay up that late so it was so fun. Ben and I ate a slice of pie around 2:45 then hit the sack. I loved it. The next morning we went to our usual spot. SUGAR SHACK! They have the best breakfast there.

After breakfast the boys started their usual men activities.. football, barbeque's, and more football. Surprisingly, Ben is not a football fan. Or any sports fan for that matter. He doesn't like to watch it on TV. Laura for sure lucked out on that one. While the boys did their thing, the girls did theirs. SHOPPING! Kay and I were a little frightened that Laura had never been to a Forever 21 so we had to get her there as quickly as possible. She loved it, and I ran into an old childhood friend. We probably talked for a good 45 minutes. That totally sidetracked me from shopping so I didn't leave with much. It was so good to see Brooke though.

That night we skipped the usual dinner and went to a movie. We chomped on popcorn and nachos from the theatre. Wasn't too bad. The food that is, the movie was a little much for my stomach. Sunday we woke up and Ben and Laura hit the road just as we were leaving for church. It was a short trip but super fun none the less. I always tell Kay how lucky we are that our husbands friends married such cool girls. It would be so hard otherwise. Next the Jones Morphy train is going to take a trip to Vegas to stay with the Harbers. We can't even wait!



As a side note.. rest assured that those are Henry Weinhart's root beers in their hands.. and not root beer hold the root.

1 comment:

Mands Glenn said...

I love that Baker and Matt Cuddle.They are so tight. I wanna come hang at your house. Slumber party?