Theres No Place Like Home..
One of the great things about being married to Baker is his family. I can't even begin to tell you how loving and accepting everyone is. Not to mention loads of fun. It always feel so good when we go up North to visit. My only complaint would be the traffic, and this time was no exception. We left our house at 6:40pm and did not hit the top of the Grapevine until 11:00pm. We were so over driving at that point we pulled over and got a hotel. Neither Baker nor I were in the mood for another 3 hours in the middle of the night on the 99. We woke up early and got into the Morphy's around 9am on Saturday. We did get free breakfast at the hotel, and were able to thank a few firefighters that were staying there helping with the Day Fire.
As soon as we got there, Mere was out the door. Oh the life of a teenager. Its funny because Meredith use to cry every time we came home and it was time to leave. Now shes all grown up doing her own thing. She was going to a sweet 16 party that was themed "Red Carpet" and she had to dress up and there was a Limo and they took a picture with the birthday girl sprawled out on the couch. Cindy and I got a kick out of that. Sunday we got to spend the whole day with Mere, and its always so much fun. We watched conference and joked and laughed on the couch all day. So relaxing!
It was so nice to be home for Conference Weekend. There is an extra special spirit in the Morphy Home all the time, but especially during conference. Granny and Grandpa Baker came and watched the Sunday morning session with us. Cindy made really good cinnamon rolls.. they tasted just like Cinnabon. I'm still waiting for the recipe Cindy!
There was a program that we started to watch between sessions.. it was called Sisterz in Zion. Man I have never cried so much. I look over and Cindy too was bawling her eyes out, and like mother like son Baker was also really touched by the program. It was just really amazing to see such young girls with such huge testimonies and strong faith. It was really great.
Of course while we were there we made it to the Rezendiz bakery and picked up a couple of things. Baker and I have a hard time getting out of there without a pie. French Berry Pie. Mmmm. I love going there. That was my only request while we were home. Well that and Sonic, naturally. We hit Sonic on our way home.. Tots and a Cranberry Apple Juice Slush.
* On a Side Note- Mark took the picture of me and Baker at the top of this Blog.. what a wonderful photographer he is!
1 comment:
I love Meres picture pose. Cute Mere! Can't wait to see you in about 2 weeks! I love home too!
Post a Comment