Monday, October 09, 2006

Kick What?

.
Baker and I decided that we wanted to get on a new health regimen. We set some ground rules, like no eating after 7:00pm. Doing something active 4-5 times a week. Nothing huge or out of the ordinary. Easy simple things for us to do to help maintain a healthy lifestyle. So I have been doing good and not eating late at night, and not just sitting around watching TV. (Which I love to do) On this one particular day I decided that I would go run on the treadmill at the gym. Keep in mind I am not a runner so I told myself I would be happy with getting a mile and a half on the machine.. I got over two so I was thrilled. Well on my way out I ran into one of my dear friends who works as a personal trainer at the gym I go to.. well the one that I went to that day. His appointment canceled and he asked if I wanted him to work with me. I said sure what the heck.. well 2 hours later I get out of the place barely able to walk, and having a hard time with the power steering in my car. I couldn't believe I had muscles in some of those places. It was seriously hard for me to get in and out of my car. This was only on day one. Day two I decided that I needed to do something because I could hardly sit down to go to the restroom. It was the first time in my life I wished I was a boy so I didn't have to sit down! Baker and I scheduled a tennis match with the Jones' for day two. Wow.. that was painful. Not because my muscles hurt (don't get me wrong they did a lot) but because they killed us on the court. I was so ashamed!regardless it was fun, I just hope I can keep all of this up and not come home sore everyday from the gym!



2 comments:

Shauna Brown said...

Hello Morphy's!! I know this is random but I was checking out my friend's blog and I saw your link. I was friends with Baker at BYU and haven't seen him in FOREVER! I heard he married a great girl and thought I would say "hi". Oh the world of blogging, bringing people together. Tell Baker I said hi and check our our blog!
Shauna (Heyman) Brown

Ben said...

Yo, I know I have been a slacker and not written anything but I miss checking out your updates. Get to work.