Sunday, March 18, 2007

First Sign of Baby

So besides the fact that sitting has gotten extremely uncomfortable for me and I have a growing belly, there haven't been many other signs that we have a baby that will be here in a few short months, until now. My dad's gift to us was a new crib for out little one. We have totally taken our time to pick it out, and I think that I have looked at like a thousand different cribs and colors and have gone back and forth as to which I wanted and ironically we decided on the very first crib we saw the first day we went out to look. I just changed from black to white. All of that for nothing. Baker has been really busy at work and getting home late so for Thursday Craft night Kay and I put it together ourselves to give Bake a break. It was so fun, and totally easy. I knew the last thing Baker wanted to do when he got home from a long day was put something together so I am glad that he didn't have to. (I did make him take out the trash though)


Here is what she looked like when we first took her out of the box. Doesn't look too hard does it?

I owe Kay a big thank you for helping out, and I am sure the next crib I put together will be hers. Hopefully.

Here she is in all her glory! It's a little scary to think that I put something together that our little girl is going to sleeping as a very small child in. Good thing it was so simple and pretty fool proof. I hope.
We still have so much to do before she gets here. I still have to paint and all that jazz. I feel like I still have forever to go, but once i think about it with everything that I need to do there doesn't seem to be much time. I just can't wait to hold her. So sweet.

7 comments:

Mands Glenn said...

OHhhhh Minature Bake and Jenny girl coming. I can't wait to hold this little girlie. The crib looks so great. What color are the walls going to be?

Becca said...

i love all that jazz!!! getting ready for baby is so special. you never think you're ready until you have baby #2 and then it's totally ok to have the little thing sleep in a laundry basket at the foot of your bunk bed!

Sarah said...

love the crib. it's so cute. i love white

Mom Morphy said...

Nice crib......and I am so impressed that you and Kay put it together. And for the first time I definitely see a tummy on you. It's real..you're having a baby. I can hardly wait!

kristy said...

Oh my little Jenny. You are way too cute pregnant! I can't get over it! I'm so glad you had a GOOD experience putting together a crib, Mark and I wanted to shoot ourselves afterward. It was the biggest pain in the rear, and mine ached afterward from maneuvering in the most awkward positions at like 8 months pregnant... not a pretty picture. Ok, so I can't wait to meet your little one!! Do you have a name picked out? Please let's meet for lunch, I'm dying to see you. Loves, Kristy
PS I am so addicted to blogs. Thank you for all your cute comments! I'm obsessed with this.

Anonymous said...

So cute! The crib and you! Sarah and I were at Sam's club in Vegas Saturday and we saw your pub mix there lol...We had a laugh and thought of you! Great job on assembling the crib! I always seemed to do stuff like that when I was pregnant too, not obvious things like the crib, but like entertainment centers and stuff!

Mandy said...

What an adorable crib... you look beautiful!