Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Ten Things You Didn't Know About My Husband


Alright people, I thought I would give you a little taste of the man in my life. He is pretty open and out there for people to get to know him, but here are a few things that you might not know about Baker. Some of you may know this, but if not, enjoy.

1. He is terribly frightened by scary movies. He can hardly watch those made for TV suspense shows with old actresses like the mom from Growing Pains without getting freaked out and not being able to sleep that night. Totally endearing, yet so hard because I LOVE scary movies.

2. His youngest sibling is 14 years younger then he is. She was only 4 when he left the house for the first time.

3. His new favorite sandwich is Peanut Butter and Pickle. A Box family favorite that he just got wind of this weekend and has had three times since. That's almost a whole sandwich on average a day.

4. He's a bit of a one track mind. When he has got him mind set, there is no stopping him what-so-ever. Which is great for me for two reasons, sometimes he is too busy to notice I am getting in trouble, and also it comes in handy when there is something he really wants to get me but can't seem to find the right size. For instance when we dated he wanted to get me the perfect Ugg boots and drove an hour on his lunch break to pick them up from a woman who had them that he found on craigslist, and this year at Christmas he was set on a Gap jacket for me and couldn't find my size until he got to New York so he had it shipped. Love the guy.

5. He has got big opinions when it comes to the house decor. Not a thing in my house is there because I like it, it's there because WE like it. If he doesn't like it, whether I do or not, it's out. Literally.

6. He makes a mean Grilled Cheese. A Sunday staple in our home. Except for this last Sunday because he discovered Peanut Butter and Pickle.

7. He still wears his retainers.

8. He actually enjoys Chick Flicks, and his favorite TV show is What About Brian.

9. He has no bad habits other then smacking his lips when he eats cereal. But its only cereal that he has this problem with. He blames it on his big lips that he claims he can't close when he chews because they are that large.

10. He hates cats. As do I. A match made in heaven. (Sorry to you cat lovers out there)

2 comments:

Mands Glenn said...

I love that you did this, Jenn. I love that you are so in love with Bake. He really is a fun guy. I love that we have a similar movie favorite, " Troop Beverly Hills." I loved this post.

Becca said...

ha ha ha!!! sorry if I opened Pandora's box on the peanut butter and pickle sandwich!!! I just couldn't believe he had never had a bite before... hello!!! he did marry a Box!!! shoot! that's a staple in our lives!