Two Things I am Completely Over
Numero Uno
So every morning Baker and I watch the Today show while we get ready. Well more while Baker gets ready and I wait for the very last second to get out of bed. I normally enjoy this time getting and staying up to date with the nation and world news. This week however, has been a little repetitive and a little annoying. Morning after morning there is a huge story about Don Imus and the apparent "racist" remarks he made about the Rutgers woman's basketball team. First of all what was so "Racist" about these remarks? There were no profane comments using the N word or names that refer to the color of their skin. I wake up every morning and have "Nappy" hair so should I be offended? If anything, Mr Imus referring to these players as hoes should be the problem. Not a racist problem, but a sexist one. Even then as a woman I'm not offended by this. Why has this turned into such a racial debacle? Would this have been able to be made such a big deal of if there would have been just 1 white girl on the team? I'm still trying to figure this all out.
I should state that I do not listen to Don Imus, and quite frankly had no idea who he was until all of this surfaced. Therefore I am not biased in my opinions. Did the guy really need to be fired? And why is it alright for the singers to rap about things like this, and African Americans to refer to each other this way. A complete double standard that is getting quite old.
Here is a team that has just as much nappy hair as the next. And if you look at the second girl in on the left.. that is about as nappy as it gets. And would you look at that, she is white. How about number 32 or 25? Neither of them black, but both with a Nappy head. Which makes me think this.. maybe this shouldn't be a race that is offended but rather an organization. Women's basketball.
Numero Dos
Why is gas so stinking expensive right now. I am over it.
* If any of the girls on this basketball team happen to run across this blog. I apologize. Just a girl trying to make a point.
6 comments:
You are cracking me up lol! I'm so over the Imus thing too and like you, I'd never even heard of the guy! Whatever!
this was a riot to read! I'm with you! I get so tired of hearing same race attacks with no one getting bent out of shape and the moment some one, anyone, from another race makes the same remarks the world is in an uproar! We should all hold each other to the same standards. what a double standard world we live in! amen sister!
one of the joys of being a SAHM is that you drive so much less! you'll appreciate the time home and away from the gas pumps once you have Emerson!!!!
i'm with you babe. Al Sharpton you suck!!
I totally agree and i'm so cracking up about your post!!!! I love it. It's all so true.
ps...it was the same way with hurricane katrina....what about all of the WHITE people that lost their homes and were stranded!!!! We didn't hear anything about that.
Wow, so true! You're classic. I was laughing the whole time. Keep it up. Nice blog. Johnny B.
Post a Comment