Just What the Doctor Ordered

Talk about a weekend that we needed. Baker and I have been so busy the last couple of months doing who knows what, we haven't really had a weekend to just relax. Luckily for us, we have awesome neighbors who invited us up to their family cabin in Arrowhead. I am sure that a road trip doesn't sound too relaxing, but it was only a little over an hour away from the Mora Kai, so it was like driving home from work without traffic, and with gorgeous views. The perfect distance from home, and the most beautiful place I have seen in quite some time.
We spent the weekend with Alisa and Ian Clawson and their little girl So-tu-tu. Her name is Addison but the nickname stuck a longtime ago. Besides them it was just us and Kori and Brad Davis. Such a fun group. I think we were trying to out joke each other all weekend long so you can only imagine all the laughing. If my gut weren't so big and full of a baby I probably would have had a sick pack at the end of it all.
We spent most of the weekend just hanging out watching movies and talking. We split up all the meals, and I still managed to get my favorite out of everyone. It wasn't even on purpose. We had crepes, grilled cheese, cafe rio pork tacos, yummy omelette's, and only had to eat out once. The place we went was definitely questionable, but they did have great shakes that were suppose to be Malts. How were we to know that you were suppose to specify? Around Lake Arrowhead they have this little village that has so many cute shops and boutiques we walked around in and took some pictures at. It seriously was one of the best weekends. I already want to go back!


So-Tu-Tu is obsessed with dogs, the girl has no fear, so we watched her play with a huge black lab for a bit. It was the sweetest thing. She just kept chasing him around where ever he went and she could never catch up. I have never seen a kid that young be so into dogs and just have no fear when it comes to approaching them.


Brad and Kori at the Golf Course.. this is just hours before Brad almost killed Kori and I getting in the car after Church.. if you look closely at his face you can tell he has something up his sleeve.

Caution.. quite large pregnant lady on dock. We did manage to keep the double chin to a minimum. That was nice.

So I have really been getting into photography lately so decided to save some of my lunch money and buy a new camera. It is AMAZING, and Baker and I have been playing around with it all weekend long. Lucky for me digital allows you to delete without paying for printing. So I have a ton of shots that are just experimental, but for some reason I love this one of Baker. He is just so dang handsome!
Needless to say we had a fabulous weekend thanks to the Clawsons and their generosity.
Best weekend of our lives! - That one was for Kori. Wink.
3 comments:
Soo fun! I love Arrowhead, it's so pretty there! Ok, little Missy you look soo dang cute preg! I love it, can't wait to see you in person! Hope you can make it on Thurs. If not, we have to do lunch. Ok, so I'm dying to know what camera you got and we have to talk photography sometime. I'm taking a class and playing around w/mine all the time. It's super fun, I love it. Excited to catch up!
I love that pic. of Bake, too. He is looking off in the distance at the cute little girls thinking about how he will be holding little girl Emerson shortly. Looked like a fun, fun weekend and Jenn you look amazing. I love the sweet tummy. In ways I miss being pregnant. Did I just say that? ha! Love you and can't wait to see ya.
It looks so nice there! And you really do look so cute pregnant!
Post a Comment