Thanks Boss... for Nothing

This was my ticket to the Ellen show today.
I show you this for two reasons.. 1. Persistence pays, and after many emails and photos sent to the show they finally caved in and gave me one on Monday of this week. 2. It is the current bane of my existence because I didn't make it to the taping.
I have exactly 9 days of work left, and I couldn't be happier. It will be great to be able to be home and get the things done that I need to before the baby comes. Well the Ellen show taped today was her mothers day special. She had the entire audience filled with first time expectant mothers. Hi, thats me. I missed the cut off for tickets but somehow got my hands on the personal email of the audience coordinator. She got me on the standby list (after she told me she was doing me a huge favor). I was determined to go so I was so excited. As long as you got a standby ticket you got in the door, and worse came to worse you watched the show in another room, but still got to participate. AKA you still got all the gifts.
Well I don't know what it was about today at work, but the boss man decided that today would be the day that he was going to be the boss from Hell.. thats right I said it sorry. He has ignored my requests to talk to him about maternity leave after 5 attempts, he has canceled, rescheduled and changed the date of the meeting I am suppose to have scheduled before I go 3 times just today. He swore and yelled all this morning at me and others and was basically a mad man. We really think he is getting senile or something. He managed to use the S word, the F word(twice) and a couple less harsh words in a one lined email all over a LIGHT FIXTURE at our new building. He last breath was " tell him that if the light is not in until Monday I will withhold the rent check until he dies." Seriously?
Needless to say it wasn't the best day to get out of the office early, so I couldn't make it to the taping of the show. I was sooo bummed for two reasons 1. I worked so hard to get tickets, and 2. I knew it would be a huge giveaway day. I wasn't prepared for what I was going to miss. Here are a few of the things that she gave away today to all the mothers.
A GE washer and Dryer
3 months of diapers
$500 to Janie and Jack
$400 diaper bag filled with goodies
Maid cleaning service
A Bugaboo Stroller
The list goes on and one.. It was like thousands of dollars worth of stuff. I am kicking myself for not just going. If the boss man wouldn't have been such a royal pain today, or if I didn't need the next nine days to secure my health insurance for the baby, I would have walked out. I should have. These are not working conditions that anyone should work in.
Needless to say. I am having a yuck day. So watch Ellen on Friday to see all the stuff that I could have gotten. But please please don't remind me of how cool it all is. I could have had it all.
PS The icing on the cake today was when the Boss sent out an email to the company informing us that "He had lost a lot of weight through diet and exercise", and he would be selling all of his precious Tommy Bahama shirts. He will display them tomorrow on the ping pong table and if we would like them we can pay him $20 a shirt. Are you kidding me? A garage sale at work? The guy that makes millions a year and has a fleet of cars ranging from Ferrari's, to Maserati's, and Ashton Martins wants to SELL his shirts to his own employees? We should be so honored to get such a great deal. Ha!
9 comments:
ohhhhh my gosh! i was reading it and freaking! i wish i had a ticket. even though i'm a second time mom. bummer about the boss. sorry for the rough day! just remember emerson make it all worth it!
Wow..I love the garage sale at work. Who knew you could shop on your lunch break at Tommy Bahama straight off of the pool table. Thats hilarious. And as for Ellen. I think you should call her and tell her your story. I think she will make an exception with the prizes. She is just like that. You could be one of the daily phone calls she makes. Maybe she will read your blog...P.S. I love Janie and Jack.
I agree with paige, seriously write her an email and tell her the craziness that prevented you from getting to the taping! You really have nothing to lose! Try it! I can't believe your boss, how tacky...and just plain weird!
That would be funny if everyone at work bought one and wore them to work ALL the time or on the same day.
We contemplated that but decided we still didn't want to pay the $20.
By the way, who is anonymous?
I love the Garage Sale Comment. HA! What a freeking joke. Jen, so sorry you missed the show. What a bummer. Good thing you are going to have the " Baby Shower of the century" next week. Can't wait to see you guys!
I cannot believe that!! He is subject to harrassment seriously, with all of that... you need to call me, I had a similar experience with my boss when I was pregnant, a real jerk about it. You could have him hanged, seriously. You would own his measly little company and all of his Tommy Bahamas shirts. What a creep. Oh, for sure write or call Ellen. She's so cool like that (I speak like I know her...) but I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't send you the stuff... hey, dinner soon? I'll call you.
Hey Baker and Jenny
You can actually go on the website and register to win, but you have to do it today. I actually agree with the above posters about contacting her. It sounds like something her show would be down with doing. Maybe you could even get MORE free stuff!
Hey- remember us? Jordan's sister? I don't mean to blog-stalk but I love your posts...you have such an exciting life. But this is the funniest by far - and no, i'm not laughing at your misfortune. Mostly that I have had the same style of ex-boss and can't believe the nerve. What a creep! If Ellen doesn't pull through, you should hold his shirts for ransom until he supplies you with all the gifts you missed out on. Unreal!
Post a Comment