Will it Work?
Finally Blogger will let me post pictures! Here are some from our last trip to Pinecrest. If you have been reading for the last year you will know that Pincrest is where my sister in law and I decided we would promise to keep in touch through blogging. So here we are a year later and we still got it. Granted we don't get to post as often as we would like now that we both have a little one around, I am still so glad we do. It has been the best way to keep in touch, and I have found tons of my old friends this way too. I love it.. so here is to a year of blogging!Mere Mere and I at the Cabin.. for once she actually has a picture face on.. she loves to make crazy faces as soon as the camera meets her.
Emmy still was only 5 weeks so wouldn't do much when I wanted to point the lens at her.. but our neice Lilly had no problem being a ham. I love her in this big Giants hat.
All the Morphy ladies.. with the exception of mom and Emmy.. but I am sure mom was in the kitchen. She always is. We had all of her best casseroles this week.
Baker loves Pinecrest!
Me and my little munchkin. I will say I am particularly grateful for Pinecrest for lots of reasons, 1 it brings the whole family together no matter what every year. 2 It's a week of nothing but pure relaxation, and most importantly this year it was the place where Emmy slept through the night for the first time. She was only 5 weeks! I didn't even have to let her cry it out or anything. The first night freaked me out quite a bit, I was awake probably every hour and a half putting my hand in her face to make sure she was breathing. She slept 9 hours! It was fantastic.. the next night she woke up once, and the following night she slept another 9 hour night.. she has been sleeping through the night since then. She is seriously an angel.
Sleeping patterns aside we did have a bit of an episode on the way home. We weren't sure if she was just over her car seat or what, but we had to pull off the road about every two exits from Ventura to LA. She was in hysterics to the point where she would choke herself and stop breathing. It was miserable. We would pull over calm her down or feed her, make sure she was changed and she would be fine. As soon as we hit the freeway again it was all over. It took us an extra two hours to get home. Poor little thing. It's weird to think that next year she is going to be a big girl able to walk. Oh I just love her.
Thanks Morphy's for such a great trip. Can't wait till we are all together again!
1 comment:
Jenn,
I love Pinecrest, too! I thought it was a fantastic year at the cabin! I loved all my children and now two adorable grandchildren together in one place. I feel so blessed!
Post a Comment