Monday, January 14, 2008

Welcome to your mid 20's

Why does 24 seem so old? 23 was nothing. What is so different about this year? Is it because I now have a kid and no longer are birthdays all about me? Even on my birthday I still have to make sure a mouth is fed and happy. Don't get me wrong I still love it. Maybe it's because this was the first year that I wasn't in school or at work with people walking by my desk wishing me a happy birthday. Not that I am upset or anything about it, I still had a great birthday, it was just the first year that I felt old.

My actual birthday was great (Obviously I try to drag it out to be birthday "week"). Em and I slept in and then met Baker for a yummy sushi lunch. I think it was so good because it was my first time eating it since I got pregnant with Emmy. After lunch we went shopping.. a bit disappointing. When I was in line checking out all I could hear in my head was "House in '08, house in '08 do you really need that shirt?" I didn't buy anything. We had dinner at my dads and an ice cream cake, my favorite.


Celebrating with all my friends was a blast. My favorite restaurant is Benihanas, and unfortunately they don't accommodate a party of our size. Lucky for us there is another restaurant nearby that has the same type of deal. Matsu's. I am in love. They had the best Filet ever.




After dinner we obviously headed to Gay for some frozen yogurt.. why wouldn't we? And what better way the end the night then a huge hilarious round of "The Name Game". A classic.



My birthday actually extended into yet another week with a lunch with the girls, AKA Kay, Reese and Emmy. And then again today with this kick A package from my sister. An Apron, a wonderful book and the cutest magnets. I love it.



Thank you everyone for making my birthday so delightful!

26 comments:

Ali B. said...

Happy Birthday Jenny!

Megan said...

happy birthday Jenny! I love all the pictures on your blog! Thanks for choosing not to make it private, I'll admit, I love checking out your blog!

Michelle said...

Jenny your B-Day dinner was so fun! The food was awesome. And, you are NOT old. 25 feels way older! Call me soon and we'll plan a hang out.

lauren said...

i feel the same way about my birthday now that i have kids. oh well, its funner seeing how happy birthdays make them though. do you think you will still be in hb in a year? we are planning on moving back in a year. i would be fun to play with the girls.

Suman Family said...

i had no idea it was your birthday. happy birthday!! sounds like you had a lot of fun though. oh, and please don't complain about age at 24. :) ah! you have nothing to worry about.

Paige said...

Happy Birthday Jen!! Man I would do anything to be 24 again. I had a major meltdown at 29 last year. Talk about old. You look adorable as always, and Em is such a sweetheart and getting so big. I love her.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good birthday! I'm going to be turning 28 next month, but I still haven't felt too "old" yet...

Mauri said...

Bake,

This is Mauri(Gubler) from the Trolley days. How are you? I found your blog through Katie Hoffmans. Your baby girl is adorable. I'm glad to see that you are doing well.

The last Unicorn said...

Happy Birthday!!! It looks like you celebrated right. Nothing makes a night quite like GAYS :)

The last Unicorn said...

PS. If you think your mid-twenties are rough... just you wait!

Ben said...

Happy B-day from the Harbers! We looking forward to seeing you guys in February.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! It looks like you had a great Birthday. I turn 29 next month...yikes!

Mands Glenn said...

I wish we lived closer so we could have been there for your big day. I loved all the pictures you chose to post. I love the one of you and Em and how she is trying to grab the cake it looks like. I miss that little NUGGET. It was great talking to you yesterday. Miss ya!

Anthony and Krista said...

Happy Birthday Jenny! It looks like you had a great birthday and your babe is adorable!

Becca said...

i think you deserve a birthday month!So run with it Boo!!!Love you tons sweet sister of mine. I miss you tons today!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

I always tell Adam that birthdays when you are older don't seem like a big deal, but they are actually much more important. It's the one day I want to indulge myself after a full year of doing something for everyone else.

I've also learned that I have to make my own day great. So I treat myself to good food, a new outfit, and pure laziness. It's great!!

Hey, I may be coming to CA, but won't be teaching a class. I will be doing photoshoots if you are interested? Let me know!

Lnzyloo said...

Jenn. You are still a baby. 24, gosh, seems like so long ago, even though it was only 3 years. HA HA. Looks like you had a great birthDAY and week. :)
Lindsey Pimentel

Carly said...

Jenny, you have got to be the cutest girl I know! Congratulations and happy birthday!

The Dunns said...

Happy B-day Jenny! Your a gorgeous 24! And a beautiful mother. I know what you mean though. I turned 30 this year. Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!

AnieCooper said...

Glad you had a nice birthday! Happy Belated Birthday! xoxox

kristy said...

happy birthday, jenny! i know, aren't birthdays just another day when you have kids? i was happy to celebrate mine in england this year, but still... little boy needed his birthday treatment too! (b-day treatment every day of his young little life!) you look so good and emmy is just growing up too fast, sweet little girl. i am getting so excited to have my baby girl! can't wait to dress her up!!!

Tasha said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY (Even if I did find this blog past the date!!)I am glad you had a wonderful birthday. . . . It is true though, once you have kids it just isn't quite the same. Not that you want it different, it just isn't the same. I am glad you still had a good one though. you have some awesome friends and a wonderful husband.

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday!!!!
Also. I know you were interested in Julie Tanners photography, yes? She is going to come out here in May to do a shoot for me and 5 of my friends. Are you interested? If so email me and I will let you know all of her details. I am still looking for 1 or 2 more families to make it profitable to make the trip out here.
jillyboo@gmail.com
and this is Jill, not Dave as stated.

Bryn said...

Happy belated birthday Jenny!

Anonymous said...

i would really appreciate it if you would come home again and hang out with my friends. it would be grand. cause i miss you all.

loveyou
meremere

Kristen said...

hey girl, happy belated birthday! 24 is so not old, you crazy girl! at 24, i had just been home from my mission for 6 months (i went late)and was graduating from byu--soooo crazy to think of! looks like it was a fun birthday though! :)