Let Me See Your Sushi Roll

I have had quite the long day, and have a load of things to share, but due to some unbelievable tiredness I will only be permitted to share one tonight.
My brother Jason and I have been trying to get together for dinner for quite some time now. He has been wanting to take us down to Mission Viejo for an all you can eat sushi joint. We finally went. The sushi was decent.. good I would say.. but the price was what you couldn't beat. 22 dollars for all you can eat. Which includes all you cab eat appetizers and miso soup as well. Great deal right? Yeah I know.
We order our first round and plowed through. They couldn't bring them fast enough. Round two comes, and by the looks of it our eyes were bigger then our stomachs. There was definitely plenty to go around. A little too much... we just couldn't finish it.
Normally I would have no problem standing up and leaving left over food on my plate at a restaurant. The kicker here.. if you don't finish your plate, you are charged per roll for whatever is left! Are you kidding me? We ate as much as we could, but really you can only eat so much sushi. We had to get creative.
I dumped two pieces and mushed them up in my miso. Jason just kept eating (Props to him for getting through all 7 left over pieces of the baked lobster roll), and Baker and Vanjo literally were putting pieces in napkins and shoving them in their pockets and her purse. Seriously.. it was amazing. Now yes I feel bad for wasting food, but we were not about to pay for an extra four rolls. We just weren't going to.
It was seriously one of the funniest things. I was the lookout while Baker piled them in his napkin.. he didn't want to get caught with them so he dumped his in the bathroom. Classic. It was such a great dinner. I just have never felt so full in my life.
Thanks again to them for dinner. Now I have got to sleep this sushi off.. til tomorrow.
3 comments:
That is hilarious. I was laughing out loud while reading this. ha ha
okay i just read this to mom and dad and im cracking up and i cant even finish reading.
ha
this is so funny
miss you guys. cant wait to hang out.
love you
mere
Serisously. . . this story is too funny. I love that you were on the look out while everybody was shoving the sushi in their pockets and purses. I have been craving really great sushi lately. This story is too funny!
I miss the Happy Sumo!
Post a Comment