Thursday, February 05, 2009

day 5: toddler for sale


seriously? is it really going to be one of those days?

it's 10:30 and m is already down for a nap. rarely does that happen before 12:30 any given day. but she had to, for my sake.

today started out like any other day, em wakes up in the 7 o'clock hour, we snuggle in bed and watch sesame street, then i hopped in the shower. after i got out i went to the kitchen to make her breakfast. pancakes, bananas, and chocolate milk. (you should know that they were frozen, and i only added chocolate because she refuses to drink milk. in fact she still didn't drink with the chocolate).

when i went back to get her i found her in her pajamas, feet first sitting in the toilet bowl. what? who does that? i ran as fast as i could to get my camera, but i think my initial gasp scared her right out of there.. she was out before i could even get back.

i strip her, change her diaper and we eat breakfast. together. at her table.

i then go to my bathroom to clean up the mess, and when i come out i found her diaperless sitting on our ottoman in a puddle of urine. her own. obviously. wow.

what could possibly go wrong next?

i figured i should get her fully dressed so she doesn't have the opportunity to strip for the world again. so once she was dressed, i went to the back to dress myself. i was gone less then two minutes. when i came back, the door was open and she was missing. she can obviously turn the knob and everything now, cause out she was.

my first thought was.. holy crap i hope the gate to the pool is closed and those punk kids in the complex in front of us didn't leave it propped open again. i run to the pool, not there. i run to charlies house, not there. i run to the doggy house, not there. where in the world? the dumpster. why oh why would you ever go to the dumpster?

after a few minutes of calming down, i got her ready for her valentines pictures. so not cooperating. she managed to rip up three of my props, pull down the entire curtain rod, and smash mommy's camera into my face.

somebody was not a happy camper, so somebody went to her room to go to bed. early.

i don't know if i will make it through the day when she wakes up. any takers?

11 comments:

Pete and Kati Morphy said...

Wow Jen! Ha ha sorry I couldn't help but laugh. She is so independent now! Love her!

Becca said...

that's a doosy!!!! It's hard to get mad at a face like that!I love that picture but man is she giving you a run for your money!

Mands Glenn said...

Sorry for laughing as well. I think it's just a thing all Mamas with Toddlers go through. I will still adopt her, because she can entertain Lilly and Lo. We miss that sweet face! Just go get her an icecream cone and let it drip all over herself at the park and you can sunbathe while reading magazines. I think I'm thinking about what I want to do when the girls wake up. ha!

Granny Pat said...

Some mornings are just like that "because"....Just thank God that she is healthy and in one piece and all the parts are working. Sometimes all the parts are synchronized and sometimes they are discombobulated. All of you take a nap and maybe someone will start the computer over again..Everything will be better next time.. This is what prayers are for.From one who remembers, Gran

Tasha said...

I am sorry to say I laughed through the whole thing. I shouldn't because for you that is definatly one frustrating day . . .but man what a stinker she was for you! I would have had heart failure when I realized she had opened the front door and left. Too bad that picture at the top just screams "look how cute I am" Can a girl get any cuter? I think not. Hang in there. I really hope the afternoon was better than the morning! (Maybe I laugh too because my boys can pull way too many stunts like this too!)

Molly said...

Oh my goodness she certainly keeps you on your toes! And all this by 10 am?! Crazy! I never could have related with Jessica, but Jordan is our little wild child and definitely in that category...but they're still just so dang cute huh?!
P.s. late congrats on your pregnancy! how exciting!!

AnieCooper said...

OMG i'm exhausted from reading that and realizing all that happened before 10:30. I don't know how you are doing that and pregnant!

I know watching Jamie with Natty and Caleb exhausts me too.

I hope the rest of the day went better!

Looking at her adorable face has to make it a little easier...right?!?!?! if not I'll be in trouble when Sophia starts pulling that crap!

the Varley Family said...

I love that girl! Sorry she's giving you a run for your money today...especially being prego! She is one cute little stinker though :-)

Mom Morphy said...

I saw this coming.....she is just like her dad! It's scary that you couldn't find her...YIKES. The feet in the toilet is a good one! You gave me a good laugh.

Anonymous said...

Jenny you are an amazing photographer. This picture is amazing and adorable. She's so cute. I'd take her, mess and all.
Seriously your really talented!

Anonymous said...

Jenny you are an amazing photographer. This picture is amazing and adorable. She's so cute. I'd take her, mess and all.
Seriously your really talented!