Friday, April 17, 2009

butts up 7-up



immediately we ruled out the option of the inversion procedure to get out little man to turn. didn't want to take the risk. so i read up on other ways to get him to ditch the breech position. i read about acupuncture (which a ton of people called and told me to do), moxi sticks, flashlights, and slanted boards. they all seemed like a lot of work. some were just too weird.

i did however, spend a week like the picture above. frozen corn on his head and headphones at his feet. apparently this is suppose to make him move away from the cold and towards the tunes.

i think he really really likes adele and the ting tings. little man is butts up.. just as he should be. i'm glad that he is already listening to the counsel of his mother.

thank heavens.

eta: i just viewed this post, and realized i look extremely large in this picture. i don't get it. sorry if the image disturbs you.

16 comments:

the Varley Family said...

I'm so glad he has turned around for you! What a blessing! I'm really anxious to hear about the birth with this baby, because like you, I'd like to try a vbac with our next one and I'm just praying that it works (for you and me!)

Mands Glenn said...

Ha ha lol! I love this and I love your tum tum. You are one brave chick to share you tummy with all of us, but I love it! Can't wait to see this cute boy and so glad he is cooperating.

Amy Jenks said...

I am SO happy for you! That is great news. What a good little boy!

Granny Pat said...

Good for you! It worked. Should be a straight shute out. or shoot out which ever term appllies. Could it possibly be true...obedience at this early age. We all can hardly wait. We love you and our prayers are with you. Gran

Becca said...

yeah little man!!!

Laura said...

I'm so glad he turned! Also, you tummy looks great - no stretch marks!

The Marquardt Family said...

OHHHH Dane I can not wait to meet you! Please come out ok and make your mom happy! LISTEN I want Em to come hang with aunt CC for a week. Seriously would you let me come get her and bring her back to AZ and chill with me. I am lonely and miss her SOOOO much!!! Good Luck with your dr. apt on Wednesday. It was funny in our prayer the other night michael said and "please bless Dane that he will turn the right way so he can come out"I dont know why I thought it was funny listening to mike say that. We love you Jen.

Lynn said...

So glad that little guy turned. Already he is a winner. You better keep playing that music though. love you lots, Aunt Lynn

Reena said...

That's great news Jen! I'm sure it has releaved some tension thinking about the c-section. I guess what ever you did worked, and that is good! Dane will some day appreciate the story you will have about his birth. Keep me updated with how things go. I love you. MOM

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

yea for little Dane! good luck Jenny- i check your blog daily for an update!

AnieCooper said...

I'm so happy he turned for you! Must be a mommy's boy already ;) Can't wait to see pics of him!

Julie Freeman said...

That is great! I think we turned too and I'm glad it didn't take corn and music. I'm so happy for you and I hope he comes soon. You look awesome!

Tasha said...

YEA!!! I am so glad for you. WAy to go on working that little guy down. Love the picture by the way. Love it :)

daveandraechel said...

That is awesome. I believe it.

britta said...

I just read your last post about having time with just emmy. Good for you for spending as much time with her as you can.
I have to say though one of my best memories so far as a mother is... Hearing my kids laugh and play together. The first time I heard my two oldest laughing together I thought my heart would burst. Think of how much more her life will be enriched.

britta said...

I just read your last post about having time with just emmy. Good for you for spending as much time with her as you can.
I have to say though one of my best memories so far as a mother is... Hearing my kids laugh and play together. The first time I heard my two oldest laughing together I thought my heart would burst. Think of how much more her life will be enriched.