Thursday, February 10, 2011

be mine



valentines's is just one of those holidays for me. now that i have kids.. it's just another day to shove ridiculous amounts of candy at them. and believe me, dane does not need one more piece of candy in his life.

not that either of these ideas are better than candy, at least it wasn't candy. that's what i keep telling myself.

ems had her preschool party today and she was beyond thrilled to hand out these bad boys. for once she went with something i wanted. it made my heart sing since it was so out of character for her. the girl has got an opinion. let me tell ya.

the hardest part about them was getting a decent picture of emmy. her eyes and the camera do not mix, but i love this little "i'm day dreaming" look she gave me. ended up being perfect.

i love that we added the crazy straw last minute. it just gave it an extra element i thinking it needed. it was too bare bones with just the bottle of crush. the kids in her class loved them too.. let's just hope their parents feel the same!

dane's was a little different for me. he goes to therapy three days a week, and see's multiple therapists a day. the problem we faced though, was that he doesn't always see the same girls. with the exception of his speech, the others are just a hodge podge of rockin ladies playing with my little man. i knew i had to do something cheap and small because they have quite the staff over there at conerstone.

i made a few boxes worth of muddy buddies, slapped a heart on a few clothes pins i had laying around, bagged em and called it good. they were adorable. largely in part to do with that cute little face of his. when i picked him up three hours later today they were completely gone, and all that ws left on the basket was a note that said "warning, made with peanut butter". hope we didn't send anyone to anaphylactic shock! i know we didn't.. i'm sure i would have heard about it. right?

the best part of all though... i finally got crafty again! if you can call this that. it felt good, it's been far too long. i have projects and projects stowed away in the to-do pile but i have had zero motivation to tackle them. this might have just given me the itch.

hope you all have a happy valentine's weekend.

9 comments:

MereMorphy said...

i want two please! just kidding, no way to send the crush, but i do want pics of those sweet babes ! love your creative side...i need help with mine!

The J J Glenn Family said...

Jenn I am in love with these ideas. You are so so talented and you always give me a little boost when I see these cute ideas. I just grabbed the Toy Story ones at Target. Geeesh! SO so cute and I love that you are blogging. love love that you are blogging! Miss you!

Reena said...

Jen, what great ideas! I do hope you had help with all of them. I had no idea all the treatments Dane has to go through! I you get a chance, I'd really like to know about him. You are an amazing mom. Dane and Em are really lucky to have you. Love you all!

Elise said...

Adorable, creative, classy. Not surprised.

And the post below about Dane was so so so cute! The dog pictures are awesome. . and I'm not even a "dog person."

Mia said...

Very cute valentines! I think the crazy straws give it a nice touch. I love the soda choice!

Paige said...

I love those Valentines. So cute. I can't wait to be a room mother...for this reason. You are the best. Don't forget about your blog. I miss it.

Mom Morphy said...

Clever clever clever! You are amazing! I don't even know how you think of stuff like that!? Too cute!

Lisa said...

Where can you purchase the Crush in the glass bottles? :)

Morph This said...

Hi Lisa! I bought mine at my local super market. Albertsons has them, and I have seem them at Ralph's too. Hope that helps.