Too Much

I walked in the living room to find emmy sprawled across the back of the couch. I about lost it.
How in the world is she getting so old?
Lucky for me she couldn't peel her eyes from the TV to see me sneak away to grab my camera. It's very rare that this little lady doesn't turn on the cheese the second she gets the lens in her face. Boy oh boy can she turn on the cheese. Look at her solo there. lifted shoulders, weirdest smile, and an "I'm all that" attitude. It wasn't but a minute before she grabbed that ridiculous hat. Gotta love her.
Come the fall she is going to be in Kindergarten. Gone five days a week, 5 full days, without me. I have no idea what I am going to do. She is seriously an adult trapped in a little girls body. You know that relief you get as a stay at home mom when your husband gets home and you immediately feel like "yes. finally. some adult conversation!" yeah, I have that all day with her. This Emmers is wise beyond her years. An old soul. I sort of kinda feel like I am a little hard on her at times because of that. I constantly need to remind myself that she really is just 4.
I'm doing my best to soak in every minute I have with her before she no longer thinks I am cool. My days are numbered I am sure.
Baby B thinks sissy is pretty cool too.
4 comments:
tears and tears! i don't like this. she is getting so big. where is my baby em? love her to pieces and i do sometimes love that she will sit by me and talk like one of my roommates.
Love miss Em... Sweet post
She is getting so big! What a sweetie pie. Love her.
I love our Emmy! Love her so much!
Post a Comment