Friday, August 11, 2006

Bakers Little Haven..

I did mean Haven, and not Heaven!

So I think I need to just throw it out there. I am not THAT great at keeping these things up, nor am I that good at going in chronological order. So please just go with it.

PINECREST 2006!

Every year in July the Morphy Family has two weeks at the Baker family cabin. Cindy and Mere normally spend the entire two weeks there while the out of towners normally get in as much time as they can. Baker and I got away for about 4 days this trip. It was a much needed break for the both of us, as we regularly find ourselves trapped in the hustle and bustle of our very hectic lives. We drove up on a Wednesday and drove home on that following Sunday. Surprisingly we hit no traffic either way. We spent the weekend hiking, swimming, lounging, and reading.


Here is the whole fandamily. Amanda and Jordan on the left, Mom and Dad Morphy in the front. Meredith in the center. Mike and Camilla to the right, and Baker and Jenny holding up the rear. We went on a hike one morning and about half way to our destination stop to look over this ledge to the most beautiful view you could ever see. It was amazing. Not too much further up the trail we came to huge mounds of snow. With the hottest heat wave that California has seen in decades it was hard to believe that there could still be snow up in the mountains in the middle of July. But it was there.

Can you even believe that sky? It was honestly so beautiful. This only little problem we had were the mosquitoes ( And the fact that I am completely out of shape, and hiking is normally not my forte). As soon as we all got to the lake we were pretty much eaten alive. Luckily for us Cathleen came well equipped with bug repellent. We lathered up and for the most part were alright. The only place I was bit, was behind my ears ( who thinks to put bug repellent there anyway) and on the bridge of my nose (it was hot and I had to keep wiping). So we finished up the hike just in time. As soon as we all got in the car to drive back down to the cabin the rain started. And it came down hard. There is something about lightning and thunder storms that I love for some reason. It was great.



The rest of our trip was spent at the lake. It always takes me a day to get in the water, but once I did it was so nice. Baker came out his first day red as a tomato. He Spent a couple of hours laying on the raft floating by his lonesome without any sun screen. Lucky for him, he turns brown by sundown anyway. He went sailing, which now that I think about it, I completely forgot to do while we were there, and he swam his morning workout everyday. One of the days we were there the entire Baker family came to visit as well as Charlie and Liz and the Sonoma Morphy Family. They were a blast and we had the BEST food.

Pinecrest for us wonderful for the mere fact that the entire family has a hard time all getting together with our crazy lives. We all live far apart and have different schedules. Its just a time for family. And we absolutely love that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jenny,
Thanks so much for your comments about Pinecrest. I love this new blog. I look at it at least two times a week.You've got a great talent.
Love,
Mark