Let the Festivities Begin
So its Florida weekend, and we started REAL early. We woke up at 4:30 just to get to the airport on time for our 7:45am flight from LAX. With all of the new precautions at the airport we were warned we should get there early. We got through security in maybe 15 minutes. Meaning that we obviously were waiting at the airport for about 2 hours before our flight even left.. not fun.
We tried to sleep as much as we could on the plane since we were loosing 3 hours. Baker didn't get much, and I guess I did on our first flight to Houston. We had one of those flights that you had a connector, but you don't ever get off the plane. So after we landed the flight attendant asked that we didn't get out of our seats until she had done a count. (it was southwest and they don't have assigned seating) So she counted wrong twice and then just said forget about it. It was pretty funny because an old lady, bless her heart, didn't know that she needed to get off the plane so she went with us to Orlando when she was suppose to get off in Houston. It was so sad. We hope she got to her final destination alright.
After a long 6 hours in the air we finally landed in Orlando to some surprisingly great weather. We got our bags and our car
and were off.
One of Kristen's brother in laws works for Disney so we got some free tickets. Baker has never been to Disneyworld so we did as much as we could in the three hours that we had until the parks closed. We started at the Magic Kingdom, which is just a glorified name for Disneyland spaced out with more walking. It was exactly the same as our Disneyland in California. We managed to snap a few pictures then it was off to the Epcot Center.

The Epcot center was amazing. There aren't too many rides there, but they have what they call "World Showcase" where they have all these mock countries that you can walk through taste the food and see street shows. Since I probably will not get to Europe until my kids are grown and out of the house its pretty much the closest thing I have got. We walked through Paris, Italy, Japan, China.. and what world travelers would be complete without Canada..

After Disneyworld we had a really late dinner and crashed. We were both working on about two terrible hours of sleep, and we have got a big day of boating ahead of us!
2 comments:
Jenn,I loved the comment about Canada. Thanks. I barely just emailed you telling you to blog this weekend and then I just checked your blog. Ha! You are so ahead of this blogging thing. I love the pics. I was thinking about texting you while you guys were there to tell you to take ton of pics. YOU DID IT!
hi bakes and jenny-manders gave me your blog address, so ive been catching up on your lives. last time i saw you was the wedding...looks like youve been having tons of fun since then. hope all is well.
best, windy
Post a Comment