Wednesday, August 30, 2006

My Favorite Spot!


So this last weekend we had yet another wedding that Baker was a groomsman in. The great thing about this wedding was the location, it was in Vegas;
A) We didn't have to buy a plane ticket, and
B) We didn't need a hotel because my family has a houseboat there that we are fortunate enough to stay on

Another great treat was the company. Matt and Kay Jones drove up with us from Huntington Beach. Matt, Baker and Ben (the groom) were all great friends at BYU so it was great to all get together. We were also lucky enough to have Amanda and Jordan drive down to meet us from Provo. Of course we always love to see family, but it's an even bigger plus when we get to see our first pregnant member of the family! Amanda is starting to show and we think it is so cute.

The trip itself was pretty fun. Our first day on the lake there was a lot of wind so we didn't get to do much. We were trying to drive in this canyon against the wind and it seemed as though the boat wasn't moving an inch. It was like we were just sitting still. When the winds are rushing at the lake and are receiving huge swells it's almost like we are at home in the ocean.

We went into town that night to get a wedding gift and to the rehearsal dinner. Kay, Mands and I were a bit excited that we were in a town with Sonic. The closest one to us is about 45 minutes away without traffic. But lets get real, when is there never any traffic in southern California?!

The next morning the lake was BEAUTIFUL, only this time Kay was not feeling so hot. Poor thing was up all night sick, and sick for most of the day. In fact she was sick for most of the trip after that.



The wedding we went to was beautiful, and we all came to the conclusion that we have never seen Ben so happy and smile so much as he did this weekend. Its really fun to see newlyweds and how happy they are. Most importantly to see them in the temple. We barely made it, but we saw them. I think we sat down like 10 seconds before they walked in the room.


So the weekend was a success with the exception of:
The windy day
Kay being sick
Baker loosing his wedding ring in the Lake
Running out of Gas in the middle of the Lake, and
My car being keyed at the Bellagio Hotel

Seriously after all the unfortunate circumstances we really had a great weekend. Jordan learned to wakeboard, and I got to eat Tots from Sonic everyday we were there!

4 comments:

Bake said...

Babe I love your blogging skills.. You are the best blogger!! Keep it up, because I am counting this as my journal entries..
Baker

Mama Morphy said...

What a great weekend! The house boat seems like such a fun place to retreat! I love the pics and the update. Thanks
MOM

Mands Glenn said...

Jenn, two things: I just voted for sweet Molly in the Evenflo contest and 2nd: Pregnant girl pic in bathing suit is not so sexy!

Mands Glenn said...

Umm. .. Jenn I think I like the two pics that I took of you and Bake. Really cute. The one where you are on his lap is my favorite.