Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Happy Birthday Emerson!

So we are home. Finally! I seriously can not explain what it feels like to be a mom. As hectic and long and painful and everything that was terrible about it was, there is nothing like hearing your baby cry for the first time. One of the most spiritual, rewarding, nothing else matters feelings anyone could ever have. Knowing that HF has trusted me with one of his is the most amazing feeling. Words can't even explain how you feel. I never thought I could love someone as much as I love my Husband, but I think he may have been trumped on Saturday. He feels the same way. Emerson has brought so much to our lives, and has even brought Baker and I closer then we already were, something that we didn't think was possible. I am so lucky to have Baker in my life, and SO thankful for little Emmy.

Here are some of the pictures from her Birthday:


So normally I wouldn't post pictures like this of myself on the web, but I also never thought I would be alright legs spread eagle with people I didn't know in the room. Oh the beauty of labor. This is how mom hung out for about 16 hours before it was time to push. 3 hours of pushing later, and 10 minutes on the surgical table later little Emerson was out with quite the cone head.


Since I delivered C Section, I wasn't allowed to watch the procedure so I didn't get to see her when she first came out. I was however able to feel everything which almost was a little creepy. You can feel them stretching and pulling and all that Jazz, but you feel absolutely no pain. It was a miracle. My only hang up about it all is the medication that they numb you with causes the shivers from the chest up so I wasn't allowed to hold her on my own. Talk about the Shakes. This is when I first met her though.. so sweet.



I'd post more pictures but dad is making mom take a nap!!! See ya on the the flip side!

19 comments:

AnieCooper said...

Congrats Jenny! How wonderful...the pics are great. She is such a beauty! Congrats to you and Baker! How lucky you two are :)

Amy said...

She is so beautiful!! Congrats! Enjoy your rest! You'll definitely need it!

kristy said...

Oh Jenny, your post made me cry and remember those precious moments of a new baby's cry. It's seriously the best feeling!! Congrats to you both, she is beautiful and so sweet. Enjoy your naps... Can't wait to see her!

Becca said...

my niece is the best! I can't wait to snuggle her! I just feel horrible that I missed it all. Gladly I have a few more weeks to love on her before I have to say ta ta for now!!

Paige said...

Jenny and Bake..Cutest couple of '07 with the cutest baby of '07 too. She is so sweet. Newborns are too die for. I love the way they smell. I so wish I could hold her. Congratulations to your perfect little Morphy fam.

Mands Glenn said...

Tears, tears, and more tears from this very proud Auntie. I loved how you explained everything, Jenn. It truly is a miracle and you can't really explain the love and happiness you feel when that baby has finally arrived. I can't wait to meet this little girl!

Mands Glenn said...

Bake, she does have your chicken legs. She is one beautiful baby, gosh! I Love her already and I haven't even met this little thang!

the bates motel said...

ohhh she is so freakin cute! love her little face. congrats you guys! having a baby is the best and craziest experience. love it!

Anonymous said...

That is one beautiful baby girl. Congratulations Baker and Jenny on the addition to your family. :)

Steve and Katie Hoffman said...

SO absolutely darling. And your post made me cry. So stinking cute!!

Laura said...

WOW! Gorgeous! Congratulations. I am soo happy for you! You look great by the way!

Anonymous said...

Great post. You explained everything perfectly. She's gorgeous!

Two said...

Jen, you are amazing! I am so happy for you I want to hug you and your little girl! Your post almost made me cry and now I want another baby! Seeing Baker with her is so sweet, and I love your first family pic! You guys are so cute, and so blessed! Get some rest and enjoy every minute of her!

Jamie C. said...

What a good looking family! The family picture is so precious! I'm so glad everything went well and you have your precious baby girl! Congrats!

Mama Bear said...

Good for dad!...Get all the rest that you can, girl!Congratulations! Emmy is so beautiful...Meredith and I can't wait to meet her in person! Let us know if we can help with anything!!!

The Dunns said...

Jenny, she is so beautiful! I can't wait to see her. I'm sorry you had such a hard delivery. That really stinks! But she really is so precious. I hope its ok with you if I stop by with the girls when we get home. We'll bring you a treat or something. Take care.

Julie said...

Jenny congratulations on your perfect little family. She's so sweet. These are the cutest little accessory http://www.babylegs.net/shop There's a buy one get one free coupon if you enter this code at checkout CBB:BOGO
AWWW! Girls are so fun to dress:)

Sarah said...

Congratulations. i had to laugh at how you explained it. so fun ot be a mom.

Anonymous said...

Dear Bake and Jen Jen,
Thanks for bringing a beautiful spirit into the world.You three are an eternal family.Ilove you guys.
Dad