Big Girl!
So we finally had Emmy's 2 month check-up. It was sort of closer to her 3 month birthday, but our Pediatrician fell off a horse and didn't take patients for 3 weeks. The office was crammed so we just took what we could. She was such a good girl! I made sure we went on a day that Baker was going to make it. I couldn't hold my little girl down while they poked her with needles. I still get sad anytime I think about it. She made the saddest face after the nurse poked her the first time. Ahh.. then she just non stop whimpered for a half an hour. Luckily though she didn't get any fevers, and no big side effects.
We did get her big results though. She is 50% in her head size, and 50% for her weight at 11 pounds 4 ounces. She was just under 24 inches to take 75% in height. She is going to be a tall skinny one. Daddy and I were feeling bad that she had to get her shots, so in an attempt to empathize with her we went ahead and each had our flu shot. I forget how sore your arm gets after these. Like I was punched and given a charlie horse. We go back in about 5 weeks for her 4 month check up. I don't know if I can take anymore shots!
6 comments:
I was checking out your blog and my three year old saw your picture and is really concerned...he said "poor man and woman they are so sad to get shots!" He knows your pain!
Your fat lips are cute!
Shots for babies are the worst. When my sister had twins and I lived with her, we would sob in the doctors office. Especially when they smile at the doctor first and then get stabbed by a needle. It's so sad. I hated it. I think it is more traumatizing for the adults...
Ughh. tears, tears. I hate baby shots. I hate thinking about Little Em whimpering for 30 minutes. Poor little thang. Bake is totally trying to be all buff and stuff. ha!
I for sure cried more then my babies did when they get shots . It's the worst!!!
I'm sorry getting her shots was so miserable. Try this trick - The very second they are done giving Em her shots, I have a bottle all ready to go and pop it in her mouth. She instantly stops crying and focuses on her bottle. I usually stay in the office with her until she finishes it and snuggle with her. It's worked everytime and by the time we leave she's all smiles and giggles. Works like a charm!
Post a Comment