Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Bless This Child!

No one ever told me that Blessing your baby was going to be so stressful. Between finding a dress, ordering quiche, and calming down Baker, I"m surprised I survived the weekend. Had I known that a dress to bless our little girl in was going to cost us upwards of 100 dollars, I would have planned ahead and given myself enough time to make one. I barely even bought one in time. I looked and looked all over the county to find nothing cute in my price range. So the day before the big day I bought one I sort of liked at a big sale. Still spent more then I would have liked, but it worked. We had the whole family in town again on the Morphy side. Everyone but Mike that is. He was only a week away from his first game of the season so he had to stay home for practice. We spent the Saturday at the beach and BBQ'd this amazing pork, and celebrated Cami's birthday. Loads of fun.


Sunday we have church really early, like 8AM early and I didn't want to mess with making brunch for everyone before that, so we ordered some yummy food and had a little get together at my dads house after the block. It was so great to have all the faithful priesthood holders there to bless Emmy. The only ones who couldn't make it were the Mike's on each side. We missed them. Baker did an amazing job. It was so special to hear. He did however ask for an energetic baby.. TWICE. I don't know what I will do with an energetic husband and child!




I realize I didn't get any good pictures of her in her dress. I think I am going to have to put her back in it and take some official ones. I'll post them when I do.

9 comments:

Riewerts' said...

when did you have a baby...where have I been...Just Kidding. Har Har Har. Do you say "congrats" or "Good Job" on blessing your baby? I don't konw. Great pics and in the three of yours family picture we can see our old house right next to Baker's shoulder...See you all at Nice to beef you's wedding.

Mands Glenn said...

JEnn, it was such a fun weekend. These are great pictures you got, but I do agree with getting her back into the dress and taking some more. I waited almost too late with Lil, because when I put her back into her dress I was like squeezing her back into it. Mmmmmm. . . I loved that pork. I still need the recipe!

Becca said...

yeah!!! Pictures!!! Ok... so your hair looks great and Em's is looking lighter and lighter! Fab!!!!

Wish we could have been there! Sorry we missed it!

Sorry it was so stressful for you... just remember next time that the blessing itself is the most important part . It's not the dress or the family or the food! Baker, you and that precious little baby are what is important!

the Varley Family said...

Jenny, you are so beautiful! Your sweet little family just makes my heart melt. I think back to high school days when we'd always talk about "when I grow up and get married and have babies"...and you're totally living the dream! You and Baker are so adorable and little Emmy is the perfect addition to your family :) Miss you!

Anonymous said...

1st of all... you look great! And I know the blessing dresses can get so expensive only because my sister bought one for 50% off and still paid $200. AHHH! I freaked out when she told me. Baby blessings are so special.

Anonymous said...

I have missed so much! Cute pics and I can't believe how big she is getting!

Paige said...

Love her...I love that Bake blessed her to be energetic over and over. I'm so glad I got to see her in person. That family pic of the 3 of you is so cute. Your doing a good job of keeping up the blog. Was it my threatening that changed your mind?

Mandy said...

What cute pics!! She is beautiful, like her mommy.

Heather said...

HEY! How do you know Regina? That's so weird! Small world! Ya, I'm at BYU now(I'm betting you guessed that though...) and so I won't be at the salon next time. I'm so sorry to disappoint you. Ha ha. But I hear the salon is kind of crazy now. haha. Next time you go in, tell Lindsay I say hi, and then give me a full report as to how crazy it really is at the front desk. Haha. Take care!
P.s. Your little daughter is so adorable!!!!