Wednesday, September 05, 2007

A Week Or So Of 1st's!

So I know that I have been slacking in the blogging world, but I am here to make up for it. We have been so busy the last couple of weeks it has been hard to sit down at the computer for more then 15 minutes to check up on all my blogging friends, and to make a real post about what has been going on. Emmy has had so many 1st's in the last two weeks, I thought I could just throw them all into one post. So here they are in order of experience:

Emmy's FIRST trip to the beach! After all, it is only about a mile and a half up the road. When I found out I was having a baby at the beginning of Summer I thought it would be fabulous. This way I have time to get my body back and make it to the beach by the end of the season. Ha, yeah right. Not that I am too concerned with my bod, that will come in time, it's just getting a munchkin down to the beach is a production in itself. We need the tent, the bouncer, the bag, the bottle, the clothes, the towels, the beach chairs... it goes on. I loved being there, but it just is not as easy as I thought it might be. I can't wait until she can enjoy it though. She can sit in the sun and play in the sand! Next summer will be so much fun. I wish I was brave enough to take her more.. that way I could enjoy it!


Emerson also had her FIRST time in the pool. Well actually not her first, but her first time that she really enjoyed it. The water was like a bath and all the boys over at Uncle Blaine and Aunt Susie's were loving her. She absolutely loved it. Which is no surprise since she loves her baths so much every night. It has been soooo hot here lately it was nice to get her in the pool to cool her down. We just pulled an umbrella near the pool to shade an area for her to enjoy. I especially loved it because it was my first swim after the C Section. It was heavenly. Even the heat couldn't keep me out of the hot tub for the first time in almost a year. Oh it was so great!





Next stop on Emmy's FIRST train was the Angel Game. Grandpa Tom and Grandma Kathy have season tickets and invited us to the Angel Yankee game. What a game it was. A complete blow out. Baker and I went to a game a couple of weeks before Em was born and picked her up this sweet little outfit. It didn't quite fit her. She is still a little nugget.




Her first photo shoot... NOT. I just love her in this little outfit and wanted to show it off!



I seriously can't believe how big this chick is getting.. like I said, she is still a nugget but for her she is getting big. She finally has gotten her first crease in one of her arms. Definitely filling out. Just what we like to see.

4 comments:

Becca said...

She is looking less and less like you Boo!!1that makes me sad because you for sure were the cutest baby out of the three of us and she started off looking like your clone!

Oh well she is still too cute for words! And remember...this comment is coming from someone who has two kids that don't look anything like her self!

regibells said...

Hey chick, Love your blog and beatiful baby pics...she is soooo precious. I need a girl one of these days. Yes baby blessings are a big production, Wait until the birthday parties come...wow what fun!

Mands Glenn said...

I love her. I always feel like I never get enough of her when I see you guys. I want Auntie Manda time all to myself. Just Em and I. I love the last outfit too. It is perfect for Arizona. hint hint!

AnieCooper said...

She is such a beauty!!! :)