An Eventful 10 Days!
This is not the normal face of our sweet dear Emmy. This is the sad poor face of a girl who just hurled her morning feeding and had already been changed twice by 9am. Our sweet little girl got her first case of the stomach flu. It was going around our ward so I shouldn't say I was that surprised, I just didn't think it would be this bad.
She spent 48 hours on straight Pedialite. No milk no nothing.
After she couldn't keep the pedialite down we heading into the doctor to check all her signs and to see if she needed an IV, and luckily she didn't. The poor girl slept for two days straight probably and was CONSTANTLY wanting to be held by her momma. It is the saddest and sweetest thing because they are so cuddly, but sooo miserable. You could just see it in her face. When she did let me put her down she just laid there staring into space. I hate seeing her sick. It breaks my heart.
Just when she was getting better and I was relieved that it had skipped me, I was hit with the same thing, only I landed in the ER to be strapped down and hooked up to some IVs. I don't remember much.. just Baker waking me up from the bathroom floor. It was not something I would wish upon anyone. Luckily it was only 1 day of throwing up, and another of rest. Baker was so great at playing Mr Mom while I was out.. he really took care of me and Em. Worlds best Husband and Father award goes to him. Thanks Babe.
4 comments:
I am sorry that you guys were sick but glad that you are feeling better. Hope you guys have a great holiday!
It's always very scary when everybody gets sick. I'm so sorry that it was you! Glad you're well and happy, now!
UGHHH, I hated hearing this. Where is Becky when you need her. So glad you have such a RAD husband who can do everything. SO sorry to hear you guys were so sick. You can't be sick and be a Mommy. It just dosen't work. And, Little Bit looks so sad. That is so not like her. Glad you are feeling better
Do we get worlds best babysitter for watching EMMY whle you are at the hospital? Rather, Kori, not me. I was asleep while Kori watched Emmy until 3 am! I'll vote for her!
Post a Comment