Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Private question

So there has been a lot of hoopla as of recent about wether or not we should all be going private on our blogs. Apparently if you type in a name on google up comes the blog and family photos. Although a tad bit disturbing, I write this blog for family and friends that aren't near that want to keep up with us. I debated going private and decided not to. For a number of different reasons. 


1) I don't want to go through the hassle of setting up everyones email, and might get depressed when I realize there are only 10 people that really are that interested in reading my blog. 
2) I don't feel like I am too giving in the information department where I would be giving out too much. Please no one prove me wrong my knocking on my door. 
3) You can easily go in the settings section of your blog and opt OUT of being included in search engines. Voila! No more find the Morphy family on google. And most importantly
4) I am an admitted blog stalker, and I am sure that others are too. I get so sad when the people I blog stalk go private. So I wont be going private for them... the " I know you through a friend", or "We used to be friends and wont admit that I love catching up and seeing your little family grow" blog stalkers.  Guys, this blogs for you. 

5 comments:

paul&chelsey said...

Amen sister! I love checking out people's blogs to see how they are doing. I fully admit that I could just as easily pick up the phone, but I love seeing pics, reading funny stories and just seeing the best about people's lives.

Shannan said...

Going private is SO LAME! Way to resist the temptation.

Hoagland Family said...

Jenny you crack me up. I love when people say (or write in your case) what everyone else thinks. I too am addicted to others blogs. Thanks for not going private so I can keep up with you and your cute family!

Anonymous said...

We totally agree with you! I mean...is someone really that important they have to make their blog private? Although for some people it seems like a great choice....for us its kind of funny. We love to share whats going on...and if someone wants to "stalk" us...well, theyre pathetic. :)

kiera said...

thanks jenny! ;)