Monday, January 14, 2008

Speaking of Christmas


Baker and I make a pac every year to not go all out for Christmas. Every year I think we both make a valiant effort to stay within these guidelines, but to no avail. This year was no different. For Baker I splurged on a round of golf at a really nice course.. believe me, in the back of my mind I am thinking to myself "woo hoo a round of golf, big deal!" after how much he spoiled me. I was not expecting any of it, and I hate to brag or show off but Baker did sooo good this year. 


Let me preface the story about one week prior to Christmas. I was out with my grandma and Kathy my dads wife for a night on the town to see the Rockettes (Fabulous show by the way). We were en route and my dad was dropping us off, it was pouring rain and rather then park and walk in the rain we asked my dad to be our driver.. it was amazing. Anywho, the subject of jewelry came up and the exact words out of my mouth were "You know Baker has never given me jewelry. I wish he were a jewelry guy." Insert foot in mouth here.

One week later he surprises me Christmas morning with a little blue bag that has a little blue box with a white ribbon on top. My right hand ring! I was so surprised. Lucky girl aren't I? Yeah, well it didn't stop there..

For my long time readers you probably recall a post I made right before having Emmy dropping hints about a really great "Push" gift I wanted? The Helen Ficalora alphabet charm? Well here I am thinking we are done opening gifts.. I look over and Emmy is holding a little red box with the biggest smile on her face. My B and E charms.. I love it.

Needless to say I have the best Husband in the world.

4 comments:

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

yep, you win. baker is the best!

smithfam said...

You scored! Lucky girl! I love that ring.
I am coming out of the closet. I am an admitted and proud blog stalker who occasionally comes out of the closet. :) I read your sister Rebeccas blog also, but I havent gone "public" with her yet. I hope you dont mind me commenting. I love reading your guys' blogs. You girls are too funny. Take care and feel free to lurk on my side. :)

Lnzyloo said...

Yes you totally scored Jenny. Baker is a great guy. I love the necklace with Baker and Emerson's initials.
Lindsey Pimentel

Mands Glenn said...

Ohhh I must say they are Gorgeous, simply Gorgeous. You are one lucky Girl!