Sunday, February 10, 2008

I Will Never Run That Race Again


This was a big weekend at our house. Baker ran his first ever half marathon on Catalina Island. Indeed that alone would be a challenge, but the cherry on top was the fact that it was a trail run, and you climb 1600 feet of elevation in the first 4 miles! Are you kidding me? Who signs up for something like that? Apparently my husband.. and I am so proud of him for doing it.

I wish I had some pictures of the race to post but unfortunately I wasn't able to go, and we didn't have a cord for Ben and Laura's camera. So yes maybe they will have the first pictures posted, they will however, not have the first post about it. You see Ben is a VERY competitive person.. you should have seen the two of them when we played Taboo... and since I don't do things like bike or run, we compete via blog. He told me I couldn't have the pictures because he wanted them up first.. you win Ben, and hows that family tree?

Given the conditions of the race, none of the boys were happy with their times. They should really just be happy they made it to the finish line alive. By the way they have been walking today you sort of don't know what to think. If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck it must be a duck right? Oh great, I married a duck.

I kid, I kid.. Baker I am so proud of you for being so ambitious with your first marathon and for all the dedication you put into it. You did amazing.. I wish I could have been there. The next one right? A great thing to do once in your lifetime according to Baker who's first words out of his mouth when I called to check in were " I will never run that race again."

4 comments:

Becca said...

way to go Bake!!! you run boy!

Mands Glenn said...

Bakes, so proud of you! I'm so stoked you made it. It feels so great knowing that you accomplished this and finished. I will be checking Bens blog for pics. Keep me informed of the next one and I might try to attempt with ya. Love you guys!

The Blakes said...

Hi Jenny! This is Jenny (Bailey) Blake. I found you on Shandra's blog. Your daughter is so adorable! And seriously I have had the same problem with Bailey not wanting to eat. It can get sooo frustrating! So good to see your cute family and catch up with you!

Ben said...

I don't know if wanting everyone to play by the same rules qualifies me as being "Very competitive". I think the womens team just thought they could play with a different rule book.

Because you didn't make it to the race maybe you should make an exception with the deal that you set for Baker. He should be treated like a war hero just for finishing.

Oh yeah I thought you should know that I almost posted the pics today but decided to wait until tomorrow. I loved the thought of you checking every 30 minutes to see if they were posted.

It was great seeing you guys this weekend!