Meet Mary Lou...
AKA Purple Grandma
One of my very favorite people on earth is my grandmother. Always has been, always will be. That seems to be no different for my little girl and her cousins.
We all went for a visit this afternoon to "Grandma with the Monkeys" House. I loved watching her with the girls. It reminds me of when I was a little girl. I loved to go to her house to eat black olives, pickles and snickers. She ALWAYS had an ice cream treats in the freezer for us, and it was in her home that my love for turkey skin came to be. She always got down on the floor to play memory or do puzzles with us. I was 4 she was a grandma, but she still was down there with me.
Over 20 years later, times haven't changed. Only now it is my daughter she is kneeling with, getting toys for, making smile, and doing whatever her little heart desires. Purple Grandma loves her great grand babies, and boy do they love her.
14 comments:
what a cute grama you have!
Jenn Jenn, these are such great pictures! I love this post.These pictures will totally go down in history. I love how Purple Grandma dresses. SO classy!
-Mands
Your grandma is so cute! I love her blue eye shadow that matches her dress.
What a precious picture of Emmy and your grandma! I have one of my grandpa and Gabs after she was blessed that is in their room and I love it. THere's something about the old, wrinkley, dark skin of a grandparent, with the new, soft, smooth, pale skin of a baby. How lucky you get your grandma so close by.
Hey, by the way, you still haven't told me how Baker knows Joe. Hope you're having fun with Becca!
your grandma is beautiful! look at those eyes!
What a neat thing to have your baby play with your grammy! I love the picture of her down on the floor with Emmy! So cute! My sister's little girls call there grandma "purple grandma" too!
so cute! those are great pictures!
How cute are those pictures! Grandma's are so special. I loved spending time with my Grandma's growing up too.
Jaime C,
I don't know Joe. I know his brother John. Please tell John hi for me and would love to know where he is living..
Baker
Oh she is such a cute Grandma...she even did her makeup for you! Sweet pictures with your kids.
So darling! I love that you have these fabulous pictures of your daughter with her great grandmother too. What a wonderful Grandmother you have!!!
So what, now that it's March, no more updates? Sad day for Beckie.....
Gosh, I've been out of it for SO LONG! It was so fun to look at all your posts over the last few months! Your pictures are all so cute...how can they not be when Emmy is in all of them! Seriously, she is such a doll!!! Glad you had fun with your sis in town! Love the pics of the girls with your grandma...I can't believe how grown-up Macy is looking!
Your grandma is darling! Love the first picture of Emmy with her. Emmy is such a beautiful baby!
Post a Comment