Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Rough Days Are Worth It.




Everything today pointed to "rough". Emmy had been up a lot of the night which isn't normal. She woke up with a cold, and nursing a child with a runny nose don't go well together. It's Wednesday which means it's my dinner night, and Little Bit was a bit clingy. It may have been rough, but at the end of the day I just can't believe how tremendously blessed I have been to be Emerson's Mom.

I am so lucky to be able to stay home and hang out with her all day. She brings more joy into my life then I would have ever thought was possible. She has definitely become one in her own. It just kills me that she is growing up and getting so big so fast. I never want the day to come that she doesn't want me to hold her.

She moves faster then any non crawling child I have ever seen. She has crazy strong arms from doing the Army Crawl, but very wobbly legs when she is standing up. I love it. She has two bottom teeth and very little hair, still. She can talk to herself for hours and laughs and smiles the night away. I have a love hate relationship with the fact that she can still wear some of her 0-3 month clothes. However, those cheeks, oh those cheeks, they make up for it.

Just thinking about her makes me want to wake her up and just cuddle and kiss her.

On second thought, I think I will let her sleep, but Emmy Lou know that I love you.

5 comments:

Holly Moore said...

She is so cute! Those cheeks are totally kissable, I LOVE chubby cheeks!!

Becca said...

she is so darling! I just love that bug!!!!

Carly said...

What a sweet post. I love the pictures--especially the highchair reaching one and little kicking feet :)

The Marquardt Family said...

Kiss Em KISSES from her aunt CC!

Tasha said...

Being a mother really is the best. Those pictures are exactly why too.