The Day I Never Wanted to See
Thats right people, you heard it here first. Little miss priss is no longer a nursing child. I'm heartbroken. It would be one thing to if I had weened her myself, but it was like she did it all on her own. There was no getting this chick to stay still for more then 20 seconds without sitting up laughing then diving in for more. She eventually was eating like a dog, on all fours. What? Who does that?
So a few days ago I decided to nurse her cradle, like we did when she was a baby. The first thing she did was bite. Ouch! So we reverted back to feeding in bed. She still went crazy, but ate for a couple of days.
This morning, everything changed. My daughter has teeth.. and she wasn't afraid to use them. Do I endure and nurse her for three more months while she is biting every other second just so I can get to the goal of a year like I had hoped? Or do I save myself and let her go. I played tough when Baker was here before he left, and when he left I lost it. Am I going to be able to bond with her anymore? Is she going to know that I am her mom anymore? Ughg it's so sad.
So a few days ago I decided to nurse her cradle, like we did when she was a baby. The first thing she did was bite. Ouch! So we reverted back to feeding in bed. She still went crazy, but ate for a couple of days.
This morning, everything changed. My daughter has teeth.. and she wasn't afraid to use them. Do I endure and nurse her for three more months while she is biting every other second just so I can get to the goal of a year like I had hoped? Or do I save myself and let her go. I played tough when Baker was here before he left, and when he left I lost it. Am I going to be able to bond with her anymore? Is she going to know that I am her mom anymore? Ughg it's so sad.
My little girl no longer needs me.
10 comments:
That is a sad day. Don't worry, though. You can still cuddle them close with a bottle. ;) I cried when my milk dried up when Carson was only 4 months old, but he still loves me.
I totally get what you are saying but from a mom who couldn't get her 1st to quit nursing (15 months hello!) You can't yet understand the appreciate the joy you'll experience in her new found freedom and all the great things she can now experience. Whole Milk YUMM, sippy cups, and throwing sippy cups against the wall (ok that's not so fun).
ava is 15 months and i still hold her while she drinks milk from a bottle. i love those few minutes of cuddle time since i stopped nursing and i really think she loves it too. no need to worry about the bond. it's there.
oh and ps- super fun about disneyland. we'll totally go.
teeth! ahh! never fun. i wouldnt stress, at least she got your milk for this long, thats still really good. she WILL need you for everything else still. hey, im in hb for the weekend and i was going to call you so maybe i could stop by and see you girls, but your number is in my old phone. e mail it to me lauren_a_black[@]yahoo. i text sunni to try and get it from her, but she is in school. we would love to see you and the little one!
Jenny I'm afraid your right. I talked to Emmy yesterday and she said she is over you and Baker. But she did say if you made fun fetti cupcakes and gave some to Uncle Bullshark she would reconsider.
Look I'm not a mommy (as if this is a big secret), but as far as I am concerned her dependancy will only grow with age. Soon she will need carrots in a jar from you, then she'll need you to put on the wiggles, then one day she will need you to buy her clothes and teach her what fro yo flavors are best. Don't be too down I need my mom more now than ever, so look forward to that.
I love that picture! When she bites, you just have to push her into your boob and smother her for a sec...my mother inlaw told me to do that with Mia, and she stopped biting! Especially if she's just getting teeth, she'll do that at first, but she'll stop. Mia got too busy at one point to be interested in nursing during the day, so I just nursed her before bed and first thing in the morning...that still gave me some cuddle time. Don't worry, she still needs you!
Jenn Jenn, Lil did the whole nursing on all fours too. Sometimes still does. I just laugh and think of myself as a mother dog or something. I love this cute picture of Miss Grown up Em. Of course she still needs you. I am dreading that day when I have to stop nursing Lil. We are down to just night night time and I think I am the one who is going to have the hardest time with it. Ugh!
You are a great mom whether you nurse 12 months or 12 days! It's all about LOVE! and you give her plenty of that!
such a sad day!!!
Post a Comment