The Saturday of All Saturdays!
I absolutely L-O-V-E summer time. It started today, officially the first day of the season. It was spectacular. We had almost the perfect weather. It was a tad on the warm side, but perfect for what our day entailed.
First I was off to the Goldenwest Swap meet, with this lady.
Mrs. Lexi Patterson who scored not 1, not 2, but 3 decks of magic cards for her husband for a mere $0.75 a deck. Apparently he wanted to buy a deck as Disneyland recently for 25 bucks. What a score. She also found a gem in the vintage jewelry section for $3. I don't really think it was vintage, but it is fabulous none the less.
For me it was a morning filled with glass. I had my eye on this blue pitcher, but the lady was quite the stickler. She wouldn't budge. So I let it go. Turns out about 4 isles later, I find the same one only in orange, for half the price. I even talked her down another dollar. So after purchasing the orange one, I marched back over to the blue lady and told her that her "Unique" antique piece was not so unique and that she should sell it to me for what I paid for the same one. We settled on a dollar more. Fine by me. Still half of what she was asking for in the first place.
I also found some other great blue jars and plates that I can't wait to put in my room when we buy a house.. which means they may be in storage for quite some time. Look at these beauts! All for only $11 dollars.
Just to celebrate these cool cats turning 1. We can already tell that Luke is going to have a rebellious side. He put out his birthday candle with his fingers. Didn't even phase him.
Emmy just loved the fact that she could walk around with all the big kids. She had so so much fun. I can't wait for all the babies to grow up and be best friends and everything else that comes along with it.
After the party, we headed to the beach. I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but we are having record breaking temperatures at the moment. I also probably didn't mention that we don't have AC. Emmy spent most of her day either in the pool or the ocean.
My camera had run out of batteries by the time we got to the beach. I was so sad. Emmy is HILARIOUS in the ocean. She is one water baby that we are going to have to keep a tight watch on.
The best part of the day though was that we rode bike everywhere. To the party, to the beach, and home.. it was so nice not to have to drive, although the AC would have been great.
We finished our day off with some friends over for a BBQ, and I forgot to take pictures there. I was doing all I could to stay cool. Still am.. it's 11:30pm and I am still sweating where my arm creases at the elbow. Waaaay too hot for my liking. Unless I had AC then I wouldn't and couldn't complain because normally I love the heat.
3 comments:
I love your glass!! You daughter is so beautiful!
Jenny,
Great finds at the swap meet. I love swap meets too. Emmy is so cute and looking so grown up. Glad that you guys started summer off with such fun activities.
Lindsey
Sounds like a fun day! Don't worry I spent it in traffic school for 8 hours. It was a blast. We should hang out next weekend for sure!
Post a Comment