i miss
her
i think i met meredith when she was 11 or 12. this was when baker and i had started dating.. well we had already been dating awhile, he had strict rules about when and why he would take a girl home to meet the fam. but that is besides the point.
mere just got accepted to byu idaho. i honestly can not believe that it is time for this girl to go away to school. out on her own. absolutely crazy to me. to see who she has become over the last 6+ years makes me smile. she knows who she is, she knows whats important in life, and she knows where she eventually wants to be. when i graduated high school i had no idea about any of that. i could care less. mere is the girl i always wanted to be and wished that i could have been. baker and i keep saying that we hope emmy is just like her aunt mimi. (only not as much of a sleeper. wink.) the girl has got it all.
thinking about her going away to school today made me miss her. i would give anything right now to listen to taylor swift and make music videos.
10 comments:
aww jenn!! i miss you like crazy too. So weird two months and three days and high school years are over for me. Where did the time go? Dont worry I will still be the crazy loud little sister that makes music videos! I love you and vote that you come home. Love you jenn and miss you!
Okay so I am crying right now. Just teary eyed I guess. I always say that I hope Lil and Lo will be just like their Auntie Mimi, too. She is one Special girl. Sweet post! I can't believe our little sis is moving away. LOVE HER AND LOVE YOU! Miss you guys.
Very sweet post about our Mere. Dad and I are going to go NUTS without her. Please everybody......COME HOME! I don't know if I like this 'empty-nest' stuff. We are going to have to travel around a bit more!
Sweet post Jen. It makes me want to cry. I can't believe Meredith is graduating High School. I just remember her as a little girl. She had to be about 4 when Mark picked up a group of us from Modesto to suprise Amanda for her 16th birthday. We hadn't seen the Morphy's in a couple of years and Mere knew all of us in a second (Cindy said it was because she watched this video that I had made Amanda when they moved to Denair). It cracked me up that this little girl recognized people from silly old home videos. She has always been a special young lady.
that's a really sweet post! isn't it great to have sister-in-laws like that!? we had that moment last year with eric's little sister, meredith, too! i first met her when she was 8. She is at BYU-I this year and comes home from her freshman year in just 2 weeks and i'm dying to see her and play all summer. it goes by fast!
Jen your a sweetie! Mere is awesome isn't she, I love her to death and I don't know what I would do without her so close to us. It is hard being away from my sisters and I'm glad I have you, cami, mands, mere, and mom! Time flys by so fast I can't believe it! When are we going to see you guys next?
jen, this is Pete, and I thought you wanted your kids to be just like their uncle Pete. I am heartbroken
It's me again...that random blog stalker you met at the Ellen Show! First of all, congratulations on baby #2! I haven't had much time to "check in" on you lately (my baby #1 takes up all my time!) Second of all (and I warn you this is really random!), are you reporting the gifts from the Ellen show on your taxes? My sister and I don't know what to do! If you could let me know what you remember as far as being told about taxes on the gifts, could you email me at nielsendbg@yahoo.com and let me know? We would sure appreciate it!
Thanks,
Krissy
OK OK I can not handle posts like this. I am a emotional WREAK these days and I can even think about sweet mere mere growing up and going to college. I am so proud of her for getting into BYU but come one mere mere is not supposed to be old enough to do that YET! YOu know you have a cool sister when you look up to your little sister more then she looks up to you. Thanks for this post. We are so lucky to have 5 amazing sisters! ok now I am even more emotional I love all of you and I am so happy you Jen are part of our family. It would not be the same without YOU! xoxox always
Jenny I think we will all miss Mere.. What a great blessing it will be for her. Many new friends and places to see. What a growing period. I am a little worried about the campus and all the men when they see our tan California gal. Wham! what a great time, We are anxious about lil Dane.
Love you all Gran.
Post a Comment