Party of the Century!
We all remember last year around Mothers day and the fiasco I had at work in regards to the Ellen show? If you don't remember, you can read it here. Traumatic I know, but this year was a different story. Thanks to Kori and covert operation "Ellen Tickets" we stumbled, or shall I say miraculously got a pair of tickets after they picked Kori from the millions who applied online. Whats that? You doubt there were millions? Me too, but it makes my story sound a bit better.
Today was the taping, and it was the funnest thing in the world. I woke up at 5:30 this morning so excited! Or was it Baker waking me up on his way out the door for golf.. hmmm. I really didn't care what we got, or if we got anything at all, I was just so elated that I had a ticket and nothing was going to stop me from going this year.
We had absolutely so much fun standing in line and meeting and talking to all those pregnant ladies. I especially had a great time talking to this one:Meet Chrissy (the dark haired one on the right. The other one? Yeah thats me, I jumped on the "Bang Wagon" but don't worry, I am not used to them either). Chrissy is originally from Mesa AZ, she was there with her sister. They were quite possibly the two sweetest girls there. Our initial conversation went something like this:
Chrissy: Hi, can I ask you a kind of weird maybe creepy story?
Me: Of course what is it?
C: Do you have a blog?
M Laughing : Umm, yeah do you read it?
C: YES! And I hope you don't think I am weird.
M: Not at all! Whats your name?
C: Chrissy, and this is my sister Michelle (Turns to her sister) Michelle this is my friend Jen Morphy.
Ha, can you believe that? I love this blogging world. The best part about it was that she went on to tell me that the reason she got tickets to the show was because of me. She told me that she was so sad for me last year and as soon as she found out in January that she was pregnant she emailed Ellen and asked for tickets.. lo and behold 3 months later they called her back and here she was... sitting next to me. Chrissy it was so good to meet you, and can you believe all of our loot!
Kori and I drove home not being able to believe that we were lucky enough to be there and to get all this stuff. I am so glad for Kori since she pretty much got her entire nursery! Thanks again Kori for being pregnant so we could go. Now we just need to plan our service project.
19 comments:
Love the post! Except I look so nasty in that picture-ha ha. Thanks for coming with me. I had a blast!
whoopdi whoop!!!! Love it!!! I swear I was as excited as you were!!! I loved our "sleeps" count down and all the anticipation!!!!
So glad you had the time of your life!!! Coco rocks and you both look so adorable!
HOW FUN! And how random that Chrissy found your blog out of everyone else's in the world and happened to be sitting by you! How did she find your blog? Was it through a friend? Did everyone in the audience get something? I love Ellen! OH, cute bangs!
HI...It's the crazy stalker girl Krissy! It was so fun to meet you yesterday. My sister and I had a great time talking with you and Kori. I'm so glad you got all of the good stuff this year...too bad no bugaboo or peanut shell...how dare they lead you on like that!
By the way, that is the ugliest picture of me in the whole entire world! Can you say HUGE!
P.S. This is the first comment I have ever left on a blog...you should feel special! Normally I just like to "snoop"!
I'm so glad that I read your blog before watching my taped Ellen. Saw you dancing in the audience! What a fun show to be on!
And, I'm a guilty blog stalker, too. I had a run in with your sister a few months back at a park in West Jordan. I'm sure she thought I was crazy, but I totally recognized her from her blog. Small world!
wow! that is good times! too funny about meeting a random blogger! wow! small world!
Yea! I'm so glad you got to go this year! I rmember last year, I was sick to my stomach for you!
Too funny about meeting your "blogger buddy". How random!
By the way, I think your bangs look cute!
Jen, I am so glad that you got to go to the Ellen show and I love your hair. Such a cute summer look.
Lindsey
Okay Jenny:
1. I am way to into your bangs for either our goods.
2. What the heck?..Why have I not seen you in ages?
3. I'm over it and we are hanging out next week.
Okay,
I cannot believe I am going to do this, but I just could NOT resist after reading your linked post about trying to go to Ellen and the boss from Hell. I am Jessica, I found your blog through my good friend Mandy's blog. She knows the Clawson's and just moved away from me in Chicago to Cali. I am Del's wife. I met you on work trip in San Fran last year and we were both pregnant. (Oh, THAT Del and Jessica. Right? ) Well, HI! I just wanted to say that I thought it was funny that I found a blog of someone that I have met once, and how you wrote about Krissy the blog stalker, (a nice one by the looks of it) and I guess I would qualify as one in this case too, and about the "Boss" who trust me, I could write a novel on how certifiable he is. Oops! It is probably liable to write about that. And trust me the man would know. So I might get sued for saying that. But anyway, you should check out our blog, and Del will think it is funny I found you and would want to say HI! The bangs are cute, and I'm not too crazy, don't worry!
I have never felt so sad for anyone as I did for you last year when you had to miss the Ellen show. And now I am the happiest for you that you got to go!!!! And you got so much great stuff, how wonderful!
And... your hair is so flattering. I love it.
yay how fun! Looks like you made out like a bandit. BY the way, love the bangs...I just cut bangs today because they were needed for my do. I wish I had gotten them cut professionally though they are swoopy bangs and a little wierd. so hooray for you and your free stuff...you totally deserved to go because I know how much you love a deal...let alone FREE!
OK this is by far the most fun post and comments that I have read! I think Krissy is darling and I think it is wonderful that you meet new friends through this blogging! Even Jessica's comments crack me up! It's really a small world! LOVE YOU and see you next week!
I had recorded that Ellen and hadn't had a chance to watch it, so after reading your post I hurried and turned it on and saw you and your friend dancing in the stands. :) How fun! It was a funny show!! I can't believe all the stuff she gave away! I love the bangs, and I had LOVED your short hair!
Girlfriend,
Sorry I haven't checked blogs in like forever,but I do have to tell youthat I saw you rockin out on T.V. I noticed your mad dance skills out of everyone. Looked like so much fun!
Jen you are too cute! I love reading yours and Becca's blogs--so entertaining, and genuine! Sorry I wasn't able to make it to Nora's birthday lunch. You put in a lot of effort and I heard it was fantastic! Emerson is getting so big and she is an absolute DOLL! I'm glad you had fun at the Ellen show. . . jealous!
That is the best story I have heard in a VERY long time!! YEAH FOR YOU AND KORI!! SO fun!!! And that is the COOLEST about meeting Krissy!! Seriously, I was laughing so hard though. That is the truth about blogging. Probably it is so funny to me though because I read plenty of blogs I have no idea who they are. So funny. WHat a fun fun day for you!!
ok so this is as good a time as any to let you know who ELSE is reading your blog : ) haha. i actually meant to comment back when i first stumbled upon your page thru our mutual friends (mormon world is small), but i just never got around to it..or wait a second, did i? i can't remember now, i've read your blog so long... haha. that's pretty sad i can't remember. either way, walah. here's another reader. do you even remember me? i lived in san clemente a while ago...
anyways. blog away. obviously you have readers!!! :)
xo.audrey
Post a Comment